VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 22, 2023 Arras Minerals Corp. (TSX-V: ARK) (“Arras” or “the Company”) has recently completed its maiden fieldwork program in November 2022, and is pleased to report significant progress in its regional exploration licenses in Kazakhstan.
Tim Barry, CEO of Arras, said, “We are very pleased with our first full year of fieldwork on our regional licences. The program has significantly increased our geological understanding of our regional projects. Although assays are pending, early indications point to robust base & precious metals targets emerging at multiple prospects across our regional licences.”
Highlights of the 2022 Exploration Field Program:
I. Overview of the Field Exploration Program
- Arras completed the first phase of field exploration on the regional exploration licenses between May and November 2022.
- Activities included field reconnaissance, rock and soil sampling, KGK drilling, geological mapping, alteration mapping (using TerraSpec SWIR/NIR spectroscopy), and the evaluation of prospective diamond drilling sites for the 2023 field season.
II. Field Exploration Accomplishments
- A total of 16,000 soil samples and 400 rock samples were collected across the regional licenses.
- Resampling of Soviet-era exploration trenches was completed in some areas with assays pending.
- A KGK drilling program comprising of more than 350 holes totaling approximately 6,000 metres was completed in several locations, with assays pending.
- Airborne Magnetic Geophysics program totaling just over 110,000 line kilometers was completed and will aid considerably in targeting the Company’s 2023 field program initiatives.
III. Plans for 2023
- Arras plans a comprehensive exploration program on its regional licenses for 2023, building on the work completed in 2022.
- The program will involve additional and infill soil grids over promising areas, follow-up ground geophysics such as induced polarization (“IP”), ground and airborne magnetic surveys, trenching, and KGK scout drilling.
- The Company is expected to complete this work by the end of the summer and have several targets ready for follow-up drilling.
Arras is dedicated to taking a systematic and data-driven approach to the exploration of its regional licenses to quickly identify high-quality targets. With the progress made in 2022, Arras Minerals Corp. is well-positioned for continued success in the exploration and development of its regional projects in Kazakhstan.